Tabs

4.13.2015

Monday's Musings: Helen Keller Inspiration - Overcoming Obstacles

by MaryDenman   @MaryDenman


Helen Keller quote - photo by Mary Denman

I'll be honest. I don't like failure. Not many people do. 

How does it happen? 

We try something. 

We hit obstacles. Some of our own making. Some from others. 

We struggle. 

We fail. 

Question: Do we try again or quit? 


A lot of that goes to our mindset. 

While there's a lot in life that I have overcome, I feel like I give up too easily. 

But I read this quote from Helen Keller:

“Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.” 

Reading this helped me re-think how I view my difficulties and failures. 

More trials are coming. I know that. In my head. 

But is my heart ready? 

When I think of Helen's situation of blindness and deafness, and how she overcame that to impact the world, how can I let my difficulties keep me down? 

Easily, with the wrong mind-set. 

But not anymore.

Each day, I'm going to choose to think of possible successes.

I will choose to persevere.

I will look for joy in overcoming obstacles.

And I will trust God to walk with me. He's brought me this far. I'm counting on him to help me grow stronger each day. 

Will you join me?





TWEETABLE: Helen Keller Inspiration (click to tweet)






Blogs I join on Mondays:

clairejustineparty  The Chicken Chick




3 comments:

  1. Such a wise and special lady. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was. Quite the inspiration! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. That is a lovely quote Mary :) love this..

    Thanks for stopping by and linking up..

    ReplyDelete