Tabs

12.10.2012

Monday's Musings




Man Down


One of my kids has been sick. For a while. 

Going to the doctor isn't fun. We can't seem to find answers. 

As his mom, I hate to see him hurting and suffering. I've even said I would take it from him if I could and suffer in his place. But that's not the way it works. 


That's when I thought about how God sees us. He is our Daddy, our Father. 

He hurts when we hurt. I know I hurt for my son. 

But my son's burden is not my burden. I can't take it away. But I'll share all of it that I can. I'll support, love and encourage him to seek God in the midst of this. 

I've been sick and suffered before. So I can point him to God as others have pointed me. 

Then, as he grows and matures and looks back, he can see how he was comforted and then comfort others. 

He comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corintians 1:4 

So even in the midst of the suffering and weariness, there is hope. There is a reason. There is a point to the trials. Maybe we really want God to just take it away. But in His wisdom, sometimes we have to walk through the valleys for a while. And then, in due time, we can comfort others who must walk through that valley, too. 

What burden can you share?

What valleys have you walked through? 

Are you still there or have you come out on the other side?

Praying for you as you read this.
Mary

2 comments:

  1. I needed to read this right now. Thank you so much. I'm in the midst of a valley at this moment concerning a friendship. When I shared with Edie what went on, I knew she wanted to take the pain away from me. But like you, she couldn't do it. But, she did point me to the Lord-where she herself has been pointed many times before. Thanks for posting this! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, I'm glad this post pointed you back to God. :) I'm sorry you're struggling with a relationship. That hurts. But I will pray for God to give you grace and wisdom in how you view what's going on in your life.

      Love,
      Mary

      Delete