Tabs

10.30.2016

Monday's Musings: Autumn is a Second Spring ~Albert Camus

by Mary Denman      Twitter: @MaryDenman    Instagram: @MaryFDenman

I love this quote by Albert Camus. 

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."

As a photographer, I must admit that spring and fall are my favorite seasons. I tend to carry my camera with me daily because there's a new view to see in either season. 


This made me think more about why I love spring and fall so much. 


Part of it is the excitement that comes from an ever changing palette of colors that beg to be noticed. 

Too, I get excited by the short window of exploding colors. There's something so satisfying about chasing and getting great shots during those fleeting days. 

Eventually, I realized that nature photography in the spring and fall is special because, well, it gets me outside. Back to nature. 

Honestly, I have time to clear my mind and contemplate life while I'm composing shots and waiting for the sun to hit a subject just right or for the clouds to move. 


I take the time to slow down and enjoy life. 
To think about what God's created for us to enjoy. 
To think about seasons and change. 
To ponder the deeper questions. 

It's a wonderful break from the business of life. 


I can smell the rain, the fresh cut grass, feel the breezes and warm rays of sun. 


I played outside a lot as a kid. I miss that as an adult. Yard work isn't nearly as fun as photographing beauty!


As I approach this autumn, I'm going to spend more time appreciating the amazing world around me. More time thinking about where I am in life and where I want to go. 


I know I'll have a bit of a slow down in a few weeks with surgery and recovery, but that's okay. I'm going to enjoy this time that I have walking my dog and capturing moments of beauty all around me. Later, I'll have time to make calendars for my family with the shots I take. 

I'm really enjoying my second spring. 


Will you join me? 


And for my southern hemisphere friends, enjoy your first spring and the new growth all around you!


Tweetable

Autumn is a Second Spring ~Albert Camus (click to tweet)

Blogs I Join:


  clairejustine 

SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. There's always such pretty colors in the fall time. You captured some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea Mary, sometimes we rush through life and forget to take in the beauty around us :)

    ReplyDelete