Tabs

6.09.2016

Photo Tip Friday: Personalized Father's Day Gifts from your Photos

by Mary Denman     @MaryDenman
With Father's Day fast approaching here in the US, I wanted to give you some ideas of how to use your photography for personalized gifts. 

All of us know a dad who may be hard to buy for, so instead of a new tie or socks, (and my hubby has actually asked for socks before), why not spend a little time thinking about something more personal for him. 

That's where your photography can come in, to help create a memorable Father's Day gift. 

Let's get started.


1. Print a beautiful shot and frame it for your dad. 

This could be a gorgeous sunrise or sunset. Maybe your dad loves the woods! How about a great picture of his dream car? What would he like? Go take a picture and have it framed! 


2. Consider making a meme for you dad to show your appreciation of him. 

Here's a post I did on how to create a meme. Personally, I love using PicMonkey

You can take a special shot and write directly on it to show your sentiment. 

Then, just print it locally and you have a special, one of a kind gift that shows you thought about him.





3. Give photos of yourself or your kids to your dad. 

Either a family portrait or individual pictures could be a really nice gift. Especially if he doesn't live nearby. 


4. Make a special coupon for your dad. 

My husband loves when the kids give him the gift of car washes. 

So get a cool background, write on the photo with PicMonkey and print it locally.

This one is a real winner in our household!


5. There are lots of novelty ways to use your photos for a gift. You can make things like:
  • Cups
  • Ornaments
  • Blankets
  • Mouse Pads
  • Key Chains

You don't have to be a professional photographer to show your love to your family. Look for good shots and be creative with them. Show your love through thoughtfulness.

Assignment: Go through a few shots right now and look for a couple that could make a nice present for your dad. If you don't have anything in particular in mind, then grab your camera and go looking for a great shot. Then, upload it to a place that prints photos and make a memorable gift. Here's a post on cropping shots. 

BLOGGERS: Think through how your blog or photos can be a blessing to others! Too, keep improving your photography to use for your posts! 

CELL PHONE USERS: You can take shots with your phones and upload them to PicMonkey and create gifts as well! 

Hope these tips help! 
Keep on Clicking!
Mary
TWEETABLE



BLOGS I JOIN FOR THE WEEKEND:
  

17 comments:

  1. My kids did the "DAD" 3 photos with them holding cardboard letters idea (luckily we have 3 kids - handy!) one year and that when down really well with their dad. My dad used to take a lot of photos, I could dig out one of his from back in the day and get that framed as you suggest, that would be a lovely gift, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Julia! That's a cool idea about holding the letters! I hope your gifts are a hit this Father's Day!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Some great ideas Mary, and if we didn't already have the idea of taking Dad to Madrid for his Father's day/Birthday all wrapped up into one this year, I'd be doing this. Each Christmas I do an album for my parents and they always say it's the nicest present, so I know how much Dad's appreciated personalised photos.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Madrid might just win out as a great present! So neat that your dad likes the personalized albums! Have a wonderful weekend Wren!

      Delete
  3. Really funny that you linked this up today as I have just made a photo book for my father for Father's Day. It is really difficult to know what to get them at times and I agree photo gifts can be fabulous! TY for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Catie! I am enjoying reading your blog. My daughter works with kids with Autism so I appreciate your world just a tiny bit. Sounds like you're a great mom!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Megan! I really enjoyed meeting you at Blue Ridge!

      Delete
  5. Great ideas Mary. I have repurposed a barbecue grill and turned it into a photo display where the kids will add photos and give it to dad for the special day. The best gifts are also the ones that are personalized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Mary! I bet he will love that!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  6. Such lovely ideas Mary. I have to get my fathers day present sorted!! How is your foot doing? hope your feeling loads better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! Sadly, my foot is just as bad as before surgery...I'm going to do physical therapy for a while and see if that helps. But I just keep going! :)

      Delete
  7. All your ideas are so much fun and so special for any dad! Photos bring great memories and can always be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love photos too! I have boxes of old ones that are fun to go through.

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  8. Get beautiful video greetings and images on the occasion of father's day wishes from daughter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had a father to share this holiday with. Unfortunately all mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, fathers, and grandfathers are gone now.
    Enjoy your time to the fullest while you have the opportunity!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/06/west-side-story.html

    ReplyDelete