Tabs

9.27.2015

Monday's Musings: Take time to Enjoy Life

by Mary Denman @MaryDenman

Everyone I know has struggles of some sort. Whether it's life, death, financial, medical issues, relationship issues, work or school problems, we all have troubles. 

I know I've had my share. 

But I'm learning that I need to step back and take a breather. I need to take time to enjoy the life I have. Often, I just keep going, focused on my problems. 

Today, I want to encourage you to just stop for a few minutes and appreciate the beauty around you. 

Appreciate someone special. 

Go jump on a trampoline.

On a mountaintop.

My husband and I were enjoying the beauty of the North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains, driving with the top down when we came to a pull off.

And what did we see? These guys, music blaring, jumping on a trampoline on the top of the mountain. It made me smile! I took pictures for them with their camera and then grabbed a few for myself. They were having a BLAST! 

We all laughed when the springs started flying off from the weight of so many people jumping. Cars going by honked and the guys jumped and waved back. 

It was so much fun just to be around them! This pictures still makes me smile and think about how much joy they brought to others on the parkway. 

But if you don't live near the mountains, or have a portable trampoline, why don't you lie in the grass with your cat or dog? 

Take a few minutes to lie on your back and stare at the clouds. 

Maybe you just need to stop and smell the roses. Or Clematis. 

Just do something to take a five minute breather with no electronics.

Give yourself time to think. To ponder. To daydream. 

Just for five minutes. 

You'd be amazed how busy we are and how much five minutes of down time can be a blessing. 

I'm slowly learning to do this. 

I need to do it more often. 

But I'm glad when I stop and take time to enjoy my life. Problems and all. 

There are wonderful, God-given moments that are so special, just waiting to be discovered. 

What are some of yours? 

Have a blessed day! 

TWEETABLE
Take Time to Enjoy Life! (click to tweet)

BLOG I JOIN:
  clairejustine 

6 comments:

  1. Now Mary what are you trying to do cause a war? If I took time out to lie in the grass with a cat I'd never be forgiven by my crazy poodle ^..^ Any sniff of a cat in the air, let alone one I was lying down with, would see more springs flying off all over the place than you had on your trampoline ha ha!
    Loved this post :) You are so right to remind us of the need to stop, my favourite is to sit in the sand watching the Crazy Poodle chase flies on the beach, it gives both of us endless pleasure.
    Have a happy week
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you can lie in the grass with a dog Wren! ;) Sounds wonderful to go sit on the beach...

      I hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete
  2. Mary, great reminders for a Monday. I am really working at trying to say "no" to things that just my life too busy. We are joining some camping friends for a few days this week, staying in a hotel on the grounds, so that should be fun and takes us away from the work on the new house's landscaping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the time away Linda Kay! I love getting out in nature. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful thoughts, Mary, especially in our rushed society. I love to take Petey (my basset) for walks--we just got back for a walk in the rain! It's a good t ime to both enjoy his silly antics as well as God's creation all around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun Ellen! I actually enjoy a good walk in the rain. I don't do it often enough though! Maybe with all the rain this week, I'll have a chance!

      Delete